Monday, July 5, 2010

Just a little update:

Hey...


Gees-Lou-Eez I haven't wrote for quite sometime. My bad. Quite a bit has happened since the last post June 1st.

I guess what I mostly wanted to post about was the last doctor visit. On June 30th, Wednesday, I had an appointment, just a check up. Well, turns out my blood pressure was a little higher than normal, first time ever. I had protein in my urine, first time ever. Then to top it off I have VERY SWOLLEN feet, ankles, and it has traveled clear up to my knees. No kidding, it is gross. Those three things are the major signs of 'Preeclampsia'. Well, to put it simple it is just dangerous for the mommy and baby. So my doctor said, "You know, I think it's just time to have a baby." I said, "UH???? Can I go home and get my stuff and husband, and get ready?" She smiled and said, "Yes, we'll check you in to the hospital tonight, monitor you and probably will get you going in the morning."

The next morning was my Birthday, July 1st :) I thought what a nice little present. Then I was starting to get all nervous and excited. Called my hubby to inform him to get ready. My parents and all my siblings...thinking it was definitely going to happen in the morning. So Kris and I head to Evanston and get to the hospital at 3:30pm and was there til' maybe 6:00pm. They took my blood, took my urine, took my blood pressure every 10 minutes...just watching to see how I was and if it was serious.
My doctor came in and said, "Well, I have looked at everything we have done and everything looks excellent. Very healthy. I do think the baby is healthy and ready, I just think to wait a little bit longer would be safer/smarter. You'll just have to live with those swollen feet, ankles, legs for a bit longer." I was bummed at first, but of coarse had no problem cooking this little one for longer. I'm not one to push things. I said, "That's fine, whatever you want me to do, I'll do whatever you want. I do turn 38 weeks on Monday so that's even better that I'm that far along." She said, "You know what since you'll hit 38 on Monday...lets just schedule a day next week. You live so far away. Your first labor was pretty fast for the first one...and I just do not want you to have a highway baby if we can avoid it. So pick a day." I smiled and thought 'How in the heck can I possibly pick a day'??? I looked at Kris too and he smiled because he knows I will try to find a pattern with numbers, OCD...hahha!!
So she said, "The nurse will come in and let you go. Then set up a date with her and I'll see ya next week." So, the nurse came in quite a bit later, we still had NO CLUE. So she told us to call in the morning with a date. Kris and I talked it over a bit. Tried to do what was better for his work, my work, etc. I procrastinated quite a bit the next day to call and pick a date...and I finally called at like 1:00pm I think. The nurse answered and all she had was Tuesday the 6th or Wednesday the 7th. Well, Kris and I talked and it was mostly narrowed down to two dates...the 7th or 8th...and since the 7th was the only one available that really help.
SOOOOOOO I'm being induced Wednesday the 7th, 1 day away!!! :D CRAZY!!! I have to check in between 7:30-8:00am. I'm nervous for just the whole process. The pain, the pushing...but mostly afterwards. I am nervous for the little one too. I just hope and pray with all my heart that she is healthy. That I can take her home. That is my NUMBER ONE concern. I could care less about everything else...
So, her birthday will probably be July 7, 2010...7/7 :) Very excited to meet her and see her face. It is an amazing thing, and I am truly blessed to be able to bring children of my own in this world. Heavenly Father has blessed me tremendously.
Can't wait to meet you little girl and finally give you a name!!!!!!
Next post will have pictures of the event...and the little one!! :D

5 comments:

Us Egberts said...

:)

Brooke Carroll said...

YAY SO EXCITED! Hope you have a wonderful experience bringing your sweet baby girl into the world...I can't wait to see your pictures of her...I bet she is gorgeous, just like her momma! Good luck Kenzee! xoxoxoxoxo

Tanner and Chelsey said...

Good Luck!! I am so excited for you! Im excited to see pictures:)

KymandKalab said...

SURPRISE! Glad HE'S healthy. He's such a cutie pie. I hope Kalab will be there tomorrow so he can hold Malloree while I hold...whatever his name is going to be! Love ya!

Cara Lee said...

I am reading this post and LAUGHING... i know it's not funny, but the last part is a little. you say you're excited to meet this girl, you're gonna be waiting awhile; next kid or two...