Monday, May 12, 2008

bEinG a MoM

Declan is now six months old. It has gone by way-way fast to me. He is growing mentally and physically. Perfect as can be little baby boy...of coarse I think that because he is mine. He is so much fun. He makes me smile and giggle. He makes me proud to be a mother. Yesterday was my official first "Mother's Day." I was pregnant last year, and this year I have little one.
We went to Kris's mom and dad's ward. Kris's dad did the program for the sacrament. It was really good. I held back crying quite a few times. During the middle the Primary went up to sing. Kris's mom is part of the Presidency of Primary and she was holding Declan at the time and took him up there with her. When she went up, Kris's dad is in the 2nd counselor and he was sitting up there, and took Declan out of her hands and held him. :] She wanted to take him up there to "sing to me", but Grandpa wanted to hold him.
I couldn't help but giggle and think of what he'll be like when he's older. If he will be one of those kids who sing out loud, very loudly(no names, ME). Or one of those kids that refuse to sing and just stand there and look grumpy. Or....many-many things were going through my head.
It was weird to have people say "Happy Mother's Day" to me...but very happy. I felt luckier than ever. The first month when he was born was very hard. I will never forget coming home after the first weekend he was at the University Hospital. I came home not pregnant anymore, but NO BABY. I walked in our apartment and fell to the floor and started crying/bawling when I saw the crib next to my bed. I hurt, and I ached for Declan...
I am forever grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with this opportunity to be a Mother and to have had my own flesh and blood. I am learning everyday on how to take care of him and be a better Mom...like my Mother who is an amazing mom. Being a mom is wonderful and brings so much joy, and I am proud of him...and it pleases me tremendously to be able to say "He is mine..."

2 comments:

Dezaree said...

I am impressed you added things. Way to go! I forgot to call you on mothers day. I am sorry.. I guess it's because your not my momma. hehe. You are very lucky to have such a cute little one in your life. Love ya!

Dezaree said...

Happy anniversary......happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy anniversary. Happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy.....