Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Just had to share...

This is just too cute not to share.
It really made my night...

I was working on the computer doing bills to send out to companies and I heard a "Psst. Mom." I looked and he was not there. Then I saw him peak around the corner hiding. Then he came around, while hiding something behind his back. I said, "What are you doing Goober?" He said, "Here Mom. Present." With a BIG smile.

He stuck out this...

He obviously has been in my Jewelry Box. Took out a bracelet, and I happen to have a 'Samuel's Jeweler's' Box that I kept from a previous gift from his daddy, and put the bracelet in the Samuel's box.

IT WAS STINKIN' CUTE!!! (I had to take a picture!) I teared up, and said, "Wow! Thank you Declan!" He was so proud of himself. Then he gave me a kiss. My goodness what a sweet son I have. These moments are really PRICELESS--they make all the hard, stressful, 'bad' moments wash away.

Lately Declan has really changed. He is still sweet, don't get me wrong, but he is really getting independent and well, 'mean'. He gets pretty frustrated with me if I can not help him with something quick enough or get him something quick enough. BOSSY. Sometimes he has even hit me. So I would "spank" him, battle his bum a little, and tell him it's not nice to hit... Then he would yell at me and tell ME not to hit. He does not quite get that I can 'hit' him, because he is being bad.

I know he is just going through a stage. I actually think the "THREE's" is harder than the "TWO's" so far. Plus, he really does miss his dad. Lately whenever I would put Declan in 'time-out' he would cry and say "I miss dad." Little Booger! Kris is still doing the Colorado job. He got to come home for a week(Thanksgiving)--which was longer than first expected. BUT, he left back this last Sunday. Not sure when he'll be back, but should be back before Christmas. Should be the last time he goes to Colorado(cross your fingers).

BUT--- Back to why I'm really writing. I am so THANKFUL to be a mom. The best calling in the world...Little children are precious. They are PERFECT. It breaks my heart and turns my stomach hearing/seeing kids that are missing, killed, etc. ESPECIALLY BY THEIR OWN PARETNS!!! I know they do not stay small for very long, which is sad and scary to think of. This is life and I hope I just take it all in while it last.

THANK YOU GOOBER!!!

7 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Oh my how cute!! Thats is a precious mommy moment!

Brooke Carroll said...

What a sweetheart! Such a cute little boy...He must love you VERY much! ;) And yes, trust me-going through similar stuff with my oldest. It is so frustrating, but the good days DO outweigh the bad ones, that is for sure! Children ARE such a huge blessing and nothing in this world is more important than our children and families. You are such a good mom, don't worry about your babies. They will grow up to be amazing men :D

Unknown said...

Aren't kids the sweetest!!! He is such a cutie!

Wardles said...

That would be hard to have your husband gone for so long. Sounds like you have two very cute boys though!

Jaimin said...

That is so precious! I tell Powell, it's not hitting, it's spanking, and there is a difference. It's tough to be the main disciplinarian, Powell often says, "I want my daddy." But then we get to relish in the moments like these. ;)

Unknown said...

oh that is so cute! I totally agree with you, it should be called the "terrible threes" not the "terrible twos." :) But still every once in a while they surprise you with a bit of sweetness! :)

Case said...

I haven't read blogs in ages, but glad I finally did...this is just so sweet. He knows how to win a girl's heart:)