Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My BabY's 1!!!!

So...My baby is 1!!!!

What a lucky mom I am to have such a sweet baby boy in my life!!! We had quite a few family members over. It was really fun. Kris and I put in a new wood floor in the Kitchen and finished it the day of the party...November 1st. It looks really good :]

Then I decorated the kitchen table and living room with streamers and balloons. I highly recommend "Birthday in a Box"...they have a website that you get so much for a theme of whatever you want in a box--good price too. It's great. I think I'll do this every year... I did the Jungle Theme of coarse. Here are some pictures of the day:

The Awesome Cake!!! I LOVED IT...Thanks Mom...

Table Decor :]...notice the new floor :]
First grab at the cake...we ate and had a BBQ...played around. Talked...and then cake-time. He was quite tired because he didn't take a nap the whole day, but he enjoyed it for as tired as he was...

and ate quite a bit that day too :]

Smiles even when stuffing his face...

Declan got so many presents...well, toys. I do not think he needs anymore for quite awhile :] No Room :]


His sword that daddy got him...kept whacking people with it and then would laugh...such a turd--cute one though...

This is him actually on his Birthday, November 2nd, after church eating his lunch...gave me quite a perfect smile...

I love my baby boy...he is wonderful. I just couldn't help but stare at him all day and kept saying to myself, "One...Really?" It hit me pretty hard this last weekend of last year and all the trials. He is such an example to me and made me appreciate life and family more....While singing "Happy Birthday" to him...I could only sing the first "Happy Birthday to you..." and then I started tearing up and stopped or I was going to bawl. I don't know if anyone noticed. I tried to hide it and put my head down. I am a boob, but I can't help but cry when something this precious has touch my life in so many ways...

MOMMY AND DADDY LOVE YOU MR. GOOBER!!!!





7 comments:

Birthday in a Box said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed our Jungle party supplies. It looks like you hosted a great party and your little one looks so sweet and happy! Thanks for the mention on your blog!

Take care and Happy Birthday Declan!

Heather
Birthday in a Box

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

ssssoooo cute, cant believe he is 1.

Becky and Brandon said...

It's crazy our baby's are ONE! Declan is so cute. I like the jungle theme. He looks so grown up. When are you going to have another one?

Dezaree said...

Ya...when are you going to have another one. Good grief. Anyway....he's a cutie patootie. Love him bunches.

elonna said...

So I had to ask Rachel how to find your blog. I really like the giraffe costume. Declan is so cute. I am glad that you have such a great little guy. : )

elonna said...

So I had to ask Rachel how to find your blog. I really like the giraffe costume. Declan is so cute. I am glad that you have such a great little guy. : )

Wardles said...

wow! one year huh? That went by pretty fast didn't it! Sounds like he had a great birthday!