Wednesday, January 28, 2009

....Continued...

Well, I did have the meeting Saturday. I was thinking over and over of what I was going to say. If I was going to get mean or yell...cry...just everything was going through my head.

I went out when all the maids were pretty much here, except for two. Well, it turns out that especially one that needed to be here, the one that is doing it...didn't show up. Go figure. I was pretty mad and I kind of showed it when I found out when someone called her phone and it was turned off. So I started without her...and got the little things out of the way that all of them needed to work on...then came the big one. I said, "Now for the not-so-fun thing."


I told them that my boss--your boss, the owner, came to me the other day and said that someone stole money from his room. A lot were shocked and I was looking at all the faces trying to read expressions. Lets just say it got really quiet and they could tell that I was pretty upset. I did start tearing up (when I am upset, mad, I tend to cry--I REALLY dis-like this about me) and told them, "I am your boss. I need to do my job. I know if I fire this one person, if it happens again, that some are going to get mad and I am just going to have to not care. I can not do this anymore or be walked on. I can not let this happen EVER again."

I told them that I try to be as friendly as a boss as I can. Be nice to everyone. Give everyone a chance-- but if I had someone take advantage of this job and the situation...I'm going to have to get over being friendly and caring what people think of me and fire whoever is doing this. I also mentioned that I pretty much know who it is; which probably would have scared the socks off of the one--IF SHE WAS THERE. I had all the maids and office girls sign a paper saying if anything ends up missing in a room that they are responsible, especially if proven guilty or happens more than once if they are in the room...and they WILL be fired.

I also mentioned that Fred was going to fire both that were in the room that day, even if the one did not do anything. It is not fair that someone is putting EVERYONE'S job in jeopardy. I told everyone that they should be grateful for their jobs. Especially with what is going on in the economy right now. Thing are getting hard with jobs and money. We should all be grateful for our checks and that there is money to pay us for working.

It was pretty frustrating to not have the one there, but I told her about the meeting on Monday when she walked in. She did not say one word when I said, "Someone stole from the owners room and was going to fire them." She didn't look at me or say ONE word; which she always say something to me...she just shook her head and I handed her the paper that she needed to sign.

I am very happy that this is over with. I am going to keep my eyes and ears open. I have put it in my head that I am going to fire this one if it does happen again---I HAVE GIVEN ALL A FAIR WARNING. I know that a lot are innocent--but there is one that is not.

THE PERKS OF BEING A BOSS...

6 comments:

Erica said...

Well I am glad that this is over for you. I'm glad that I wasn't the one that had to do it, but would have done the same thing if I was. I hate confrontation too, it sucks, and I tend to cry also. Those stupid hormones. Well I hope that your problem is fixed with this, but if you have to fire her then things might get a little easier after a while.
Now that you don't have to stress about giving the talk, how are things? I hope good.

KymandKalab said...

I tend to cry when I get angry too. It's really stupid because when I'm sad or should cry I don't and then when I really need to be taken seriously and have someone hear me out THEN I cry and seem over-emotional and dumb. It sucks. So we share a quirk we both hate. Wonderful... ha ha. Glad the meeting is over for you and you did a great job!

Young Family Adventures said...

Good Job Kenz.. I knew you could do it!! Now for the waiting & waiting...Good luck!! Love ya

Wardles said...

that does not sound fun at all... I couldn't be a boss.

Schnackenberg's said...

Wow, you are on tough lady!! I just wanted to say I have been looking all over for you blog since you last wrote on mine. I found it!!!

Kelly Fam said...

good job tough lady. I definitely would not trade shoes with you!!

by the way, I'm just coming back from the dead and just checked your blog, I did not realize that you deleted your blog roll. Okay silly girl, here is my blog again.... dutchjohnkellys.blogspot.com