Monday, February 9, 2009

Vernal Utah Temple...

Rebecca Mullins--Vernal, Utah LDS Temple
February 7th, 2009

So, this last Saturday was a great day to say the least. My sister-in-law, my husbands little sister, went through the Vernal, UT Temple and received her endowments. It was so great, and I am sure it was a day that Becky was truly looking forward too. She is such a great person, and has so much going for her...

She is not going on a mission or getting married. Her Bishop just felt like it was time for her and knew she was ready. She is 24. That just says how special Becky is, and how strong her Testimony is. She is a wonderful sister and a great example of obedience and patience...

Kris, my husband, went snowboarding this last week as well. He took his older brother Sam snowboarding--it was Sam's birthday. I was glad he went. He has been really wanting to do that for quite some time. I am just busy, and lets just say it, I suck at snowboarding. I've only been twice, but I just get kind of annoyed and frustrated that I just can't pick it up quick...but I'll get it someday. *maybe* So...since Kris was out in Utah, Layton area, he traveled early Saturday morning and met us in Manila to all drive together to Vernal. I was so happy he came. It is just so nice to be in the Temple with your spouse and feel the incredible spirit that is there. I am very grateful for him and I am truly blessed...I love him more and more each day.

Kris and I were sitting in the Chapel area before the session began. One of the Temple workers was just staring at me and smiling. So, I smiled back, but I would look away for a bit and he would just keep staring at me and smile. Then all of a sudden he got up and came towards Kris and I. He asked us to be the witness couple for the session. *haha* Kris being the teaser that he is said, "No...she's only been a couple times." *sure blame it on me* He looked shocked that Kris said NO, but quickly after said while trying not to laugh, "Yeah we will." The Temple worker said, "You'll be fine...I know you will."

So, we've been married since May 2006. I went only once that first year that we were married. Then not at all in 2007, busy with pregnancy and Declan being in the Hospital--but went right at the beginning on 2008 because Rachel was getting married. Now, I have gone for 2009. I ,we, definitely need to go more, and that is something that we are really wanting to work on.

I would just like to tell Becky how proud of her I am. She is an amazing person. She has been my friend before I even knew Kris. Becky is talented and kind beyond words. Her Testimony shows by just being around her, and I am so glad that she has gotten to make those covenants in the Temple. What a AMAZING daughter of God she is...

HERE ARE A FEW PICTURES OF THE DAY...

BECKY AND HER DAD...

I made everything black and white except Moroni...

BECKY AND HER MOM...
Vernal Utah Temple
Rebecca and her TWIN sister Rachel

Kris getting ready in the car...*hee-hee*
My Handsome Hubby...
The Mullins's "Evil Eye" look...
Kris and I outside the Temple Doors...
I LOVE GOING TO THE TEMPLE!!!

10 comments:

Mullins said...

You are such a wonderful support for Becky! Glad Kris made it! I got up at 7 and Sam goes to work at 6 and Kris obviously left soon after. What a trooper. It was wonderful to have him but he could have brought Declan... oh, and you too! ha ha! We have to learn how to snowboard together. I am definatly a frustrated learner too so we should fit together perfectly! Miss Declan... oh, and you too! Ha ha!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

That is awesome! I love going to the Temple too!

KymandKalab said...

You went in 2007- cuz Rachel took her endowment out at the very end of December. I don't know why I thought I'd tell you that.

Kenzee Jo said...

oh...yeah...forgot...I thought she did it in January...my bad...didn't go at all in 2008 then because we missed Rachel's wedding because of the bad roads...*stupid weather*

Schnackenberg's said...

So..yes I can make you a ducky cake any time or maybe not a ducky cake.
LOL

Brooke Carroll said...

That is so great...I love the temple too, it's so amazing how incredible you feel once you are inside, and afterwards. It makes you feel so optimistic, happy, and content. Thanks for reminding me that I need to go a little more often! ;)

Kenzee Jo said...

Thanks Brooke! By the way...my email address is: kenzeejomullins@yahoo.com. Add me...I haven't been able to see your blogg since you changed it to private :] I need to see what you have been up to :]

Martins said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I can't wait till I can go to the temple!

Dezaree said...

We haven't been to the Vernal Temple since you received your endowments. That was a memorable day wasn't it? Nice pictures. Isn't it nice to have a camera? You two look cute btw.

Mullins Family said...

Hey thanks for writing such sweet things about me :0) I am glad you and Kris were there!! It made it more special having you guys be the witness. Thanks I love you!!