Monday, November 30, 2009

Truth Be Told...

I'M PREGNANT!!!
We are excited, nervous, scared, and definitely SURPRISED!!!
I have been calling this one our sneaky baby... and here's why:
--Stopped taking pills in June
--Bleed only for 2 days in August
--Nothing in September
--Nothing in October
This is was not normal for me. I'm pretty regular. So I was thinking something was wrong and I needed to go to the doctor. Well, I went on November 6th, 2009-Friday. They took my blood and made me go get an ultra sound on my ovaries. I did not get the results, since it was the beginning of a weekend. I finally got the results Tuesday, 10th. I talked to the nurse and she said, "Well, umm... your blood came back 'normal', pregnancy test negative. And, umm...but...we found a LARGE MASS on you right ovary...and we don't know what it is. Could be backed up fluid, cyst, and maybe... So, we need you to come in for a cat-scan. Is that okay?" I started crying. Automatically thought the worst since she played around it *CANCER*(even though my blood came back 'normal'). So, I had many things run through my head. I told Kris, "What if it is Cancer and I can't have anymore kids." Kris reassured me, "We'll just have to get this taken care of...and if you can't have anymore kids, we'll adopt."
So I went in the next day, 11th. My doctor is now in Evanston Wyoming, Dr. Evans. I really feel comfortable with her, and I trust her. So, I did all that yucky stuff for cat-scan's. Drank digusting stuff before the cat-scan... they gave me an 'IV'. Did all that, got the results the next day. Whatever it was on my right ovary went away, but I had a small cyst on my left ovary which she said, "We saw it on the ultra sound before the cat-scan, and it's now smaller, so it's going away." So you could say I was relieved!
The next day, we had a Volleyball game. I was sore, tired, but oddly enough (sorry to get graphic) my boobs hurt!! BAD! I did not think anything of it. Just thought my body physically and emotionally have been through a lot, so maybe that's why they hurt. Well, 5 days later, the 17th they were STILL hurting. So, I just decided, "What the hay, I'll take a pregnancy test."... IT WAS POSITIVE!!
What??!!!?!?!!!?? I can't be. How can I be?? I just had a test done the 6th...?? I haven't had a period since August....??? . . . Then it hit me--> CRAP!! I just had all that crap done to me. Gross stuff I had to drink, and a CAT-SCAN! I probably hurt the baby!! So I called Kris crying.
So then I called my doctor/nurse and told them what was going on. She was as surprised as me, and told me to go up to the Castle Rock Clinic to get blood taken to see how far along I am. I got the result the next day, the 18th, and my HCG Levels were 3,000+ already. So I got an appointment on the 25th for my first pregnancy appointment.
Dr. Evans came in and said, "You like to be the fun, interesting, difficult patient don't you?", All while smiling. I said, "Umm. No, I'll let someone else take that job...but I guess I got hired without even knowing." She did an ultra sound to measure to see exactly how far along I was.. since WE DEFINITELY HAD NO CLUE. So, she looked and said, "Definitely an Angel Baby there...and you are SIX WEEKS." So, that meant I got pregnant in October...somehow?? :)
So, then she says, "I do not know why the first blood test didn't detect it in the first place?? Probably did not implant yet. Do not worry about all the cat-scan and such. I bet you have been worrying about that. There are plenty of ladies who HAVE to have cat-scans while pregnant...so it's fine. Everything looks good. Saw the heart beat. The baby is where it's supposed to be. Everything looks great."
SOOOOOOO.... Yeah, SURPRISE!! I gotta say, I'm blessed above and beyond. I'm scared, nervous, happy, excited...scared. I can't help but think of the "what-if's", and what all happened with Declan. I talked to my doctor about my previous kiddo, since she was not my doctor, so she did not know what had happened. How he was 5 weeks early. Life flighted. Almost lost him. Stayed in the Hospital for a month.
She was looking at me and I just looked at her and said, "I am excited. If I'm supposed to have another kid, and be surprised like this, then I'm supposed to have this baby like this... but I just DO NOT want another early baby. That's what I'm nervous about." She said, "You know. Things like that just happen. Happen for no reason, or maybe you had an infection that wasn't caught...and that's why your water broke early. I understand...but I'll take care of ya."
She really made me feel good...
Like I said, I am blessed. I haven't quite grasped what is going on. Sure I have had a kid before and know what to expect, but pregnancy is just an amazing thing, a miracle. Declan is going to be a wonderful big brother. He is such a good son to us. So loving, caring, fun, entertaining... just a good kid. So glad he was given to us...and fought to be with us. I am lucky without a doubt!
I just pray for a healthy baby...strong baby...and a OVER DUE baby...
JULY 19th, 2010
Baby Mullins #2

15 comments:

The Bundy's said...

Congratulations! That's very exciting. I love Dr. Evans! Dr. Hansen was my doc but he was out of town when I went into labor so I had Dr. Evans and I loved her! Praying everything goes PERFECT!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Thats awesome!! Congrats.

KymandKalab said...

Congrats again Kenz! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you! That is a sneaky baby. That's crazy they didn't find it with all of that. And I know your doc already reassured you, but my mom had been way sick and they had run tons of tests on her and then found out later she was pregnant with me and I turned out just fine!... well, some might argue that, but I was healthy! So don't worry too much! :)

Megan and Travis said...

I'm excited for y'all! Congrats :)

Unknown said...

congrats!!! that explains you being sick when we played volleyball, but we still won with a "clueless pregnant" mommy on the team! j/k

We are excited for you

Schnackenberg's said...

Congrats on baby #2. Scary start, but thank goodness you are healthy. We will be praying for you little baby to come.

Sarah Nitta said...

Oh sweet heavens, I just peed my pants!

Nate said...

yahoo!!!!!!!!!

Schnackenberg's said...

Wow,
That is amazing, and this is maybe the first time I have taken time to look at blogs. Jolene and I will definitely be praying for you both! I am sorry that it has taken this long to contact you all. I am very sorry for the last time I saw you. I truely do value you both of you and pray that you would forgive me. I look forward to hearing more about how everything is going, and hope that your holidays are amazing.
Karl

The Howell's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's awesome!! Don't you just love surprises? Speaking of which....I'll race you....I'm due July 15th!!!

Us Egberts said...

....tear....CONGRATULATIONA!

Green River High School said...

Is it silly I got a little teary-eyed reading this!??! It is meant to be. Just take good care of yourself! Everything will be fine.
Congrats!!!!

brianabingham said...

YEAH! Congrats!!! I will sure keep you in my prayers. Declan is getting so big, he is going to be such a big helper to his mom and dad I know it!

Brooke Carroll said...

YAAAY! I am so happy for you...Geez, you had to go through a lot just to find out you were pregnant! I know what you mean about being scared, even though you have already had Declan. Mersadie and I had a terrible experience with delivering her, and we thought we lost her too...I totally feel your anxiety! But just know that this is a little miracle baby too, and everything will work out for you guys. You are great people :) Congratulations!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Mama Bear said...

I'm so happy for you guys! July is a good baby month, my little man was born on 7/1. Mine were both little surprises since we were preventing with both of them so we decided that God has His plans and that is how it goes. Looks like He had some for you guys too.